Thursday, November 9, 2006

Meet My New Rich Uncle ZOPA

As I've mentioned before, our credit's not superb.? But I don't trust banks, anyway.? They're only out for how much money they can make off of you.? Frankly, I don't think there's much difference anymore between getting a loan from a bank and getting one from the local loan shark downtown.? Sadly, we don't have any rich relatives to borrow money from, though.? So where does that leave you when you need some dough?

Well, I've discussed online loans from banks before.? There's a new company that does?online loans from individuals - ZOPA (Zone of Possible Agreement - don't ask me where they got the name - it doesn't make any sense to me, either).? It's like adopting a rich uncle - hey, cool!? It's currently available only in the UK, but is getting ready to expand to the US.? On the surface, it appeals to my rebel, stick-it-to-the-man persona.? I can't help but wonder about it, though.? Maybe it's a fear of the new and undiscovered financial country.

Rest assured I'll be keeping my eye on it; but at the moment, that's the only thing I'm putting on it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...