Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Little Birdie Told Me...


  • Yummy donut snowman. Warning: cuteness overload! #

  • Presidential radio broadcasting began in 1923 and Ira Gershwin was born in 1896. #

  • Everglades National Park was dedicated on this day in 1947. What's your favorite part of this World Heritage Site? #

  • Dave Brubeck turns 90 today. Check out this video of the great jazz pianist from 1966 playing "40 Days." #

  • Trying to adjust to the cold - I hate cold, but I love Christmas! #

  • @jennybeanses I can understand why - hope your cheer gets home soon! #

  • You just think you know Twilight. Or Santa. Or... wait - what? #

  • It's National Gazpacho Day. Why cold soup is celebrated in December is beyond me, though. Here's some neat info on the … #

  • Want to try some gazpacho? Start with the ones that came up with it - here are some recipes from Spain! #

  • Check out some fun Christmas songs on this Myspace profile! #

  • It's Saint Nicholas Day! Yes, there really was a St. Nicholas - learn all about him here. #

  • Some of these tidbits are new to me, Christmas geek that I am! #

  • Check out some of the lovely decorations in the White House this year! #

  • Freezing out here but the stars are gorgeous #fb #

  • Quiet time at the lake to think #

  • Ever wish the stars would spell out how to fix something? #fb #

  • @jennybeanses that is a Truly Awesome Book - read it twice myself #

  • Pearl Harbor was attacked in 1941 - that pretty much overshadows everything else. :( #

  • The attack on Pearl Harbor in pictures. This one was taken from a Japanese plane during the attack. #

  • Eli Wallach is 95 today - check out this interview conducted by his nephew. #

  • Very tired & depressed today; endured obligations; going to bed; hoping to sleep until morning so maybe I can get a break from the pain #fb #

  • This is one of my favorite Christmas songs. #

  • Wordless #

  • Wow, a day full of interesting events - WWII, Lennon, NAFTA, and the birth of the cotton gin inventor. #

  • Operation Restore Hope began in 1992 - here's an informal interview of one of the men that served. (Thank you, Hero.) #

  • Sinead O'Connor is 44 today. Here's one of her most famous performances. #

  • A very happy 80th birthday to Maximilian Schell - the 1961 Oscar winner for Best Actor (for Judgement at Nuremberg). #

  • @marcand wants his cable! i do, too! two days? really? #suddenlinklosers #

  • Yummo! It's National Brownie Day! Now excuse me while I pour some milk. :P #

  • I'm not a bacon person, but I know a lot of you are, so here's a National
    Brownie Day recipe just for you. #

  • If I were brave enough #

  • Glam up for the holidays with Makeup Tips With Melissa :) #

  • NAFTA is 17 today. Check out this site for information including a separation of myth and realitly. #

  • @melissabarlow you're welcome! #

  • I know so many people that this could be describing... #

  • How cute are these snow people?! #

  • Wow - check out the list of today's birthdays - there's quite a variety! #

  • "The Charge of the Light Brigade" from Uncle Alfred (I'm descended from his brother) was published in 1854 in England. … #

  • Spartacus (Kirk Douglas) is 94 today. A very happy birthday to you, Mr. Douglas! Check out this collection of photos an… #

  • "I am Spartacus!" Check out the famous scene with Kirk Douglas! #

  • Ok, one more for Kirk Douglas (he's *94* y'all!). This is an insightful article from him about rediscovering his herita… #

  • LOL via @Phoernicia - Biology exam: name 2 things commonly found in cells. Apparently, "Scoundrels" and "Drunks" were not correct answers. #

  • It's National Pastry Day and National Apple Pie Day - so I vote for these for dinner! (okay, then - dessert) #

  • Here's a whole collection of apple pie recipes for National Apple Pie Day. I think I just felt five pounds appear on my… #

  • The holidays mean waiting in lines - check out iPhone Games with Matt to make sure you have the hottest games to play w… #

  • Huzzah - looks like my commenting is fixed! Now I can talk back - watch out, lol! #

  • Bethy's drawing of Santa #

  • Did you know it's Christmas Card Day? Check out these handmade cards - awesome! #

  • I can't help it - I have to share! This is my five-year-old daughter's drawing of Santa she did tonight. #

  • OH: "Hee, Hee - her don't know how to count right!" 3yo Jackson about Sarah Hurley counting in Spanish while reading a Christmas book. #fb #

  • Pajama storytime at the library #

  • Even Uncle Scotty wears his pjs! #

  • Jackson the counter #

  • Sarah's awesome shirt #bandgeekFTW #

  • These would be perfect treats for a classroom Christmas party! #

  • I earned the Check-in sticker on @GetGlue! #

  • Several Nobel Peace Prizes have been given on this date over the years. #

  • Most recently, President Obama accepted the Nobel Peace Prize on this date last year. Here's a list of all the Nobel La… #

  • Kenneth Branagh is 50 today - and he's still hot. Check out these mag covers and dare to disagree. #

  • Just a little Christmas music for you. And Glee for a bonus. :) #

  • It's National Lager Day! Feel free to celebrate, but please do so responsibly. #

  • There are 14 different kinds of lager - here's a rundown. #

  • So how does my hubby deal with all my holiday crazy? He watches Sci-fi TV & Movies. #

  • My gift from Sarah #

  • My gift from Bethy ("cuz you like roses") #

  • Me and the girls #

  • Look what I discovered today! :D #

  • Today is Human Rights Day. #

  • "All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights." #

  • drinking warm tea with honey in an attempt to soothe my throat #fb #


Powered by Twitter Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...