Sunday, August 21, 2005

Finally!

Brandon got a green dot yesterday! We took away all DVD's and spending the night with Grandma until he got a green dot. We'll see how it goes next week.

The van died Thursday afternoon. We think the motor is shot. I ended up borrowing my mom's truck to take the kids to school and Kids Day Out, and to go to my doctor's appointment. What fun - all day in a gargantuan pickup with no air! My appointment went well, though, and my second glucose screen was fine. I'm considered at high risk for gestational diabetes because my mother has developed Type II diabetes since my last pregnancy. I'm also overweight and my paternal grandmother has had diabetes since childhood. I go back in three weeks - it's getting closer!

We're thinking it's time to give up on the van and try to trade it in. A lady from church is going to talk to the board tomorrow morning and ask if the church will help us with a down payment on something. Isn't that sweet?

We're not sure yet if we're going to try to get it fixed or just trade it in. Michael's taking it to a shop Monday to have it looked at. If it's definitely that the motor needs to be completely replaced, we're going to trade it in. Otherwise, we don't know what we'll do yet.

The past couple of days I've been feeling a little better - not as withdrawn as I have been. Of course, I've also been making a concerted effort to take my medicine everyday, so I'm sure that's helped somewhat. I also picked up $125 dollars worth of sewing work yesterday and then found a Moses basket for $15 dollars at a resale shop - that would make anyone happy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...