Thursday, August 18, 2005

Not so bad

Misty's mother-in-law brought Amber and Courtney over a little after 12. They brought homemade supper with them, then stayed until 4 o'clock. While they were here, Courtney played with the kids, Amber folded and put away all my laundry, and Pearlene did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, and cleaned the living room. I felt so spoiled - I even got to take a nap!

Sarah never got sick again, and the last time Brandon got sick was around 11 or 11:30. The wonderful people at the doctor's office called in a prescription for prometh gel and pedialyte for Brandon without making us come in. I gave him one dose of gel at 1:00 to make sure he kept everything down, but apparently he didn't need it. We took him to school this morning. Sarah still has some diarrhea, but not as bad as it was, so I think everybody's on the mend or better.

It's amazing how a little tlc from some friends can make you feel better - and all because I just called and asked for Amber to come watch the kids while I slept. I still feel so undeserving, but as I've been reading (and slowly learning), God loves me and wants to show me how much He does. Often, we just have to reach out so that we can grasp the love He offers us.

All in all, yesterday and today so far have been much better. I try not to get too excited, though, because I realize one good day doesn't mean the slump is over. I'll hold on to the good I've got and use it as an impetus to take care of myself in the hopes that I will continue to improve.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...