Saturday, May 2, 2009

Friday Fill-in for Granny and Papa

On this date in 1948, my paternal grandmother took my grandfather over state lines and they were married. They had been married two weeks shy of 59 years when she passed away the day after my birthday in 2007. Granny taught me to crochet and my first hymn, Amazing Grace. It was an honor to begin her funeral with it on April 17, 2007. I remember hearing and loving the gentle tink of her wedding ring on the glasses as she washed dishes. I still think of her every time I hear that sound.


Media_http3stairscomi_zhaji

1. The first rule of working in an office and getting along is work at home!

2. Gimme more clams! Just make them spendable instead of edible (blech!).

3. When I think of carnivals I think of yummy, yummy funnel cake!

4. The rose my favorite spring flower.

5. Things on my desk include change, meds, jewelry-making supplies, and a gingerbread man shaped bottle of gingerbread scented lotion.

6. Thinking about how much loot I came home with from Box Tops University today makes me wanna giggle and do a happy dance.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going through my goody bags to see what all I got, tomorrow my plans include celebrating astronomy day with the kids by going to see a free planetarium show about the planets and Sunday, I want to thoroughly enjoy myself at the sewing circle!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...