Thursday, May 11, 2006

Brainless Wonder





Yesterday afternoon I sat with two other mothers and discussed the health principle of rest. It was pointed out that essentially, the less rest you get the worse your brain functions. It impairs learning and memory.

So what do I do? I decide I need to figure out cascading style sheets - it's like learning a new language.

There's a good idea!



What makes us make bad decisions? Well, not really bad decisions - just silly. Nonsense. The kind of decisions that make you say, "Turn your brain back on, please." Apparently it's lack of sleep. Or lack of quality sleep. For me, it's both.

But I went to bed at 4 am, so I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Here's an interesting dilema, though. My kids get approximately 12 hours of sleep each night. So why aren't their brains on?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...