Sunday, May 14, 2006

Fool's Invention

What fool decided to have Mother's Day on a Sunday?? In my family, yeah, the whole family's home.?

It's the makings for hell on Earth.

Sunday is the day the kids are at their worst, the husband is tired and cranky, and I want to get the household to-do list done.? Nothing gets done because the parents are too tired and unmotivated to do anything or go anywhere.

Let me clarify here:? we keep Saturday Sabbath, so Saturday is church day.? Our Sunday is kind of like most Protestants' Saturday.? It's catch-up/work day.

Every Saturday night, grand plans are made for the following day, full of hope and determination.? Then something happens (usually involving one or more of the kids at 2 in the morning) and we're exhausted and cranky come daylight on Sunday.

?

Now, combine all this with a day supposedly meant to celebrate mothers.? Don't get me wrong; I love the concept.? I'd love a day just for me.

?

I'd just like it to be just me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...