Sunday, September 11, 2005

Improvement

I missed my appointment Friday because of stupidity - I thought it was later than it actually was. So I was disappointed that I didn't get to go sell purses. I'll be going in Wednesday morning. At least it gives me an opportunity to make more purses to sell...

I woke up every hour on the hour last night then woke up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep. Sarah got up at 6 and Brandon at 6:30. Thankfully, my darling husband took them outside and then for an outing this morning so I could sleep. I'm still tired, but not near as bad as I was.

I started to take a B vitamin, which I think is helping. I've actually sat in church (and sang!) the last two weeks. We had a seminar on the 5 love languages this weekend that I enjoyed, so something is working better.

I've also gotten some typing work this week and there's a woman considering having me sew two dress and pantaloons sets apiece for her two daughters to the tune of $40 a set - so I'm excited about the work that has come in and anxious for the possibility of more work to come. I finally put up a website for my sewing work, which seems to be getting tons of traffic, so maybe even more orders will come through.

The secretary of the Parent Teacher Partnership at Brandon's school called me yesterday afternoon and asked if I'd be willing to create a newsletter for the PTP. I'll be meeting with them Thursday morning. They and the principal are also anxious to get me working on the school's website. It's amazing how feeling needed by others outside your family boosts your confidence and self-esteem. To think that people that don't even know me find me useful and are actually seeking me out to help them! It brings a grin and a sigh of happiness from realizing that maybe I'm not invisible to the world after all.

We also got two kittens this past week. They're not more than 5 weeks old and absolutely adorable. Both are lovable and like to purr in our ears. It's made a wonderful difference in Michael - I've seen him smile more since Wednesday night that I think I've seen in 6 months. That might be an exaggeration, but honestly, he's rarely smiled recently. I'm finally getting the lovin' I've been longing for and find it euphoric to lounge around with a kitten happily sleeping on my neck, shoulder, etc.

Here's hoping for a long up spell...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...