Friday, September 23, 2005

Sigh of Relief

We've decided to postpone Sarah's party because of the hurricane. We're supposed to get very heavy rain on Sunday and we decided it's just not worth it to ask people to drive in that for a piece of cake. So I have two more weeks to clean - yay!

I've been sleeping upright, but at least in bed with my husband, which has a nice effect. I didn't realize how much I missed sleeping next to him. The bad side is that I've been waking up hurting. I think it's a fair trade-off for limiting the heartburn. I'm still pretty tired this week, though, because it's hard to be comfortable in that position. Maybe I'll get a nice long nap tomorrow afternoon.

Learning about some of the other families in the school has made me realize that I don't have it so bad. One's dealing with an absent mother, another with autism...so many stories and hardships.

I watched a movie about the Holocaust the other night then went and bawled in the shower. What audacity for me to be depressed! How could I bemoan my life when I look at what the Jews went through? It was convicting, both that I am too self-pitying and that my faith is not where it needs to be. I have tried to keep it in mind since then to remember the blessings that God has so mercifully bestowed upon me. I still struggle, though.

I'm not really in a high, but not in a low low either. Just kind of lower-even-keel, if that makes sense. For me, though, that's good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...