Monday, January 18, 2010

Randomosity



Social Frustrations


Media_http3stairscomw_gjfdh
Selective Tweets isn't working for me, so currently all of my tweets are feeding to Facebook using the Twitter Facebook application. This is annoying as all get-out, since I've fiddled with it for quite a while tonight and can't seem to fix it. argh. I don't like all my tweets feeding to Facebook, because it gets obnoxious in its quantity and I don't want to annoy my Facebook friends.




Writing Notes


Media_http3stairscomw_cekex
The post I put up at KidGlue that includes a video of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech and a transcript has gotten well over 700 views, according to the editing page. The bit.ly stats for the shortened url I've been sharing show over 1000 clicks. I have two good reasons for you to go check it out:

  1. It's something every American should see, hear, and read at least once in his or her lifetime.
  2. If it gets 10,000 views within 30 days I get a bonus.

Granted, the second reason is vastly more important than the first, but if you feel compelled to go view it for the first reason, I certainly won't mind. And please tell me you totally got the sarcasm there. If you didn't you don't know me very well.




Media_http3stairscomw_rxjpr
I've gotten another regular gig over at KidGlue - Family Fun Days. I'll be going back to my KidGlue roots and highlighting some fun holidays that lend themselves to family celebration. The posts will be published during the last week of each month, so you can plan ahead.

Calendar Girl

Media_http3stairscomw_emcyi
I'm currently reading Kathi Lipp's newest book, The Marriage Project, for review. I'm almost done with it and completely enjoying it as much as I did The Husband Project. Whether or not you feel that your marriage is in need of a "project," I recommend you get it. I'll be posting a full review in the next couple of weeks.

Next on the review to-do list is Why We Need Girlfriends.

I have a review of two EcoStore products in the works, along with a giveaway, so keep your eyes peeled.



Prayer Requests
Media_http3stairscomw_dljxg
I seem to have a lot of people that I'm burdened for right now, which leaves me feeling sad and unmotivated. I've always had a tendency to be strongly affected by the troubles of those around me. I've had to learn to distance myself from some things simply as a means of self-preservation. These are things I haven't been able to dissociate from. If you are the praying sort, please pray for these people:

  • my friend Billy and his depression as he nears the one-year anniversary of the loss of his five-year-old son Camden

  • my friend Matt and the hard time he's going through

  • my friend Christine

  • baby Jaylen who is right around a month old and in the hospital teetering between life and death

  • Jaylen's mother Courtney, who is the 15-year-old mother of twin boys dealing with the critical (and as of yet unexplained) illness of one of her babies

  • my own children and each of their particular issues

  • Michael and his chipped tooth

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled life...

1 comment:

Michael said...

Gravatar Test

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...