Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Scared

Part of being a mom is taking care of the mundaneness of life - make meals, wipe faces, go to doctor's appointments. Usually none of these things causes a second thought...until a heart murmur is mentioned.

Tell me: If it's normal then why are we talking about it? If it's normal, then why are we scheduling an echocardiogram? If it's normal, why am I so scared that there's the slightest, tiniest, minutest chance that I won't have my baby girl I've loved since she was conceived four years ago with me forever? That there's a possibility that she won't grow up to graduate school, or get married, or have children of her own?

Am I overreacting - I'm pretty sure I am. Do I care?

Not when it comes to my babies.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...