Friday, July 10, 2009

My Best Friend's Wedding Friday Fill-in


Media_http3stairscomw_ijalj

Missy Donna was my best friend for the longest time. We were in high school. Donna was there when my first marriage dissolved. She was there when I went off the deep end and started doing things I shouldn't have after my marriage dissolved.

Then we had a falling out, and she wasn't there anymore. And I had an empty place.

Well, God is good. Donna and I have been back in touch recently, and I discovered something: I still love her dearly. After a life full of things no one should have to go through, Missy Donna is getting her day - her wedding day. She'll be marrying a wonderful, wonderful man named Daniel tomorrow afternoon with her son Jackson by her side.

And only the fiery chariot could keep me away.

Congratulations Missy, Daniel, and Jack. I love you.


Media_httpi110photobu_lltdg

1. The last thing I ate was leftover pasta salad last night and my kids' leftover cereal this morning.

2. A set of Clifford Tummy Ticklers is something I recently bought.

3. When it rains, it pours; thankfully right now it's blessings and not challenges.

4. My 6-year-old daughter Sarah was the first person I talked to today.

5. Hugs are always welcome and always wonderful.

6. Everybody, at some time or other, needs some extra comfort.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sweet, sweet sleep, tomorrow my plans include church, potluck, Missy's wedding, and a VBS staff party and Sunday, I want to make it to the grocery store and back before the after-church crowd swarms!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...