Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Woman Scolding

Despite the positively Biblical sexism in last week's quote, it was said by none other than Katharina in Act V, scene ii of The Taming of the Shrew.

How 'bout this one?

How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity?
and the scorners delight in their scorning,
and fools hate knowledge?

Turn you at my reproof:
behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you,
I will make known my words unto you.

Because I have called, and ye refused;
I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

But ye have set at naught all my counsel,
and would none of my reproof:

I also will laugh at your calamity;
I will mock when your fear cometh;

When your fear cometh as desolation,
and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind;
when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...