Monday, June 1, 2009

Book Review: Seeing Through the Lies



http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=3stai-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=0830745017&fc1=77756B&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=434F3E&bc1=FFFFFF&bg1=FFF5EC&f=ifr&nou=1

Seeing Through the Lies:
Unmasking the Myths
Women Believe

Media_httpwwwassocama_uqswa


I read Seeing Through The Lies back in October during Fall Into Reading 08. Fantastic book! Vonda is in an online writer's group that I'm lucky enough to be a member of, and I loved it so much I actually went a little wonky on the poor woman and e-mailed her to tell her how much I loved it. Bless her, she was beautifully gracious and grateful for my e-mail.

Michael was continually amused that I kept laughing out loud while reading this book. Vonda's book makes you wonder if you're reading or having a conversation with girlfriends in your living room. It's very conversational and funny, but don't let that fool you. Seeing Through the Lies breaks through the fluff and delivers poignant, deep, spiritual points that women need to hear. Vonda's gift is that she makes you feel good about hearing these deep truths, not shamefully convicted. If you wonder how your spiritual health is faring or your relationship with God or the church, as Vonda would say, "You need to read this book, girlfriend!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...