Tuesday, March 4, 2014

NaBloPoMo: Your writing voice

NaBloPoMo March 2014
How is your writing voice like you? How does your writing voice differ from you?

When given creative license, my writing voice is much like my conversation. My blogging - indeed,  the majority of my writing - is intended as a conversation between me and my readers. It is full of half-formed sentences, broken thoughts, opinions, bunny-trails, and questions.

When writing as a professional, my voice is all properness. (Yeah, properness probably isn't a word, but this is me writing, not me writing professionally, so I get to use it. I'm channeling Seuss today, so there.) Proper grammar and sentence structure are used, and all that schooling comes into play. I'm capable of those things; I just prefer not to use them in daily life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...