Monday, August 15, 2005

Introduction


Media_httpphotos1blog_pdrhi

Why is This Here?
As I have struggled with depression throughout my adult life, I've often wondered if what was going on in my head was familiar to anyone else in the world. Well, technology has once again offered a balm for our vanity, so here I am.

I don't know if anyone will ever read any of this. I don't know that if anyone does read it, it will sound familiar...or at least not completely crazy. Regardless of the outcome, this is here for me to share my life.

Hopefully it will help someone somewhere to know that she is not alone. Maybe it will help a husband better understand what his wife is going through. Maybe a family member or friend.

"Case History"
I am currently pregnant with my third child. This is my first pregnancy to also be on antidepresants. I take 40 mg of fluoxetine (Prozac) daily. Just before I got pregnant, I had begun to wonder if I needed to up my dosage because I seemed to be struggling even more than usual. I've been on the same dosage and medication for almost 3 years.

For me, depression exhibits itself in anger and fatigue - not good when you have a 3 year old and a 5 year old. I am a stay at home mother with a very small business doing website design and graphics design.

Plan of Action
My plan is to try to post each day to journal my experiences with depression during pregnancy. I will share articles, facts, and links that may also benefit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...