Thursday, April 30, 2009

Book Review: Dear God, It's Me and It's Urgent

http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=3stai-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=1572932724&md=10FE9736YVPPT7A0FBG2&fc1=77756B&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=93A48A&bc1=FFFFFF&bg1=FFF5EC&f=ifr&nou=1
I often struggle with my personal prayers and despite writing since I could pick up a pen, words seem to fail me when I need to pray the most. This is the reason I often turn to the Psalms to inspire my prayers. I also lean heavily upon the promise that "the Spirit prays for us in ways that cannot be put into words." (Romans 8:26 CEV) Now, thankfully, I have another resource: Marion Stroud's latest book, Dear God, It's Me and It's Urgent.

Marion has taken into consideration many of the seasons and struggles in a woman's life, and has openly and honestly laid out her own prayers concerning them. In the process, she has given words to the groanings of so many women's hearts. I kept finding myself thinking, "Yeah, that!" as I read the prayers throughout the book. Even when I was reading prayers concerning situations or seasons of life that I haven't experienced yet, I could relate to Marion's deep concerns and pleas to the Father. You feel as if you are in a prayer circle for a loved one or dear friend while reading this book. Sprinkled around each prayer you'll find quotes and scriptures that offer more hope and encouragement.

Whether you have just a minute or two or hours to pray, Dear God, It's Me and It's Urgent will give you an effective tool to both put into words your own feelings about current situations and to lay future situations on the prayer altar. The book is laid out in such a way that you can easily go right to a specific prayer, or simply read through and let the book guide your prayer path. I recommend that any woman that seeks fresh prayer at any age and in any situation get this book.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...