Saturday, May 29, 2010

Linking Friday Fill-in Miscellanea

Karen at Verbatim posted a link to this article from Mother Jones that I think all parents should read as we get into sunscreen season.

...in which I brag about my kids...

  • Brandon recently received a recommendation to watch Monty Python's Flying Circus from a friend. I'm so devastated. Did you feel that overwhelming sense of sarcasm streaming through your monitor? Michael added it to the Netflix queue and moved it to the top. I suppose I shall have to watch it with them... My life is so hard. There goes that Sar Casm again -  he sure is a persistent fellow...



  • The other day Michael was on the computer and turned the remote over to the kids. He looked up to find that they had turned on the Food Network.



  • Brandon aced his TAKS test: Reading 100%, Math 100%, Writing 96% (he missed one question). He got straight A's the last two six weeks and several BUG (Bring Up Grades) awards throughout the year, as well as an all A average for the year.



  • Sarah got all A's every six weeks this year. Her final grades for the year were all 99 and one 98. She also got a medal for Accelerated Reading. She was the 11th top reader in the 1st grade.



  • Bethany has been counting backwards from five with Team Umizoomi. And still refuses to use the bathroom, even though she knows how and when, but that's not bragging, that's bemoaning.


...in which I tease you about coming content...

I have several reviews and/or giveaways coming up including:

  • Yoplait Greek Yogurt



  • Where is God? by John Townsend



  • EarDoc



  • “Beautiful Creatures – Children’s songs of Africa by Ed Jordan and Alan Glass”


And now for a fill-in...


  • Watermelon -- the best food to take on a picnic.



  • Summer has officially begun here - Heaven help me.




  • I love my flip flops.



  • To love someone is to choose what is best for them, regardless of your own desires or the pain it may involve.




  • You're out of your mind if you think I'm going to take a long hike.



  • When I crave food, it's usually something I don't have in the house or fruit that is totally out of season.



  • And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to having all the kids home instead of at Grandma's house, tomorrow my plans include a campfire sing along vespers in the evening and Sunday, I want to work on my apron for the 2010 flirty apron swap and write a review/giveaway post!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...