Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall Into Reading 2008 Update



Media_httpsnipurlcom3_dvgxs


Fall Into Reading 2008

http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=3stai-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=084236899X&fc1=77756B&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=A6B49F&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFF6&f=ifr
Free to Be Me

So I finished my first FIR08 book inside of a week. Check out Free to Be Me if you're in the mood for a quick, encouraging read that lets you know that Betty Robison is just like us. I found her book to be just that. I didn't know much about her, but just assumed that she was one of those blessed-from-birth, always-been-with-it women. I was so wrong, and so glad to be.


http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=3stai-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=0830745017&fc1=77756B&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=A6B49F&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFF6&f=ifr
Seeing Through the Lies
Second book, not so fast. I'm reading Seeing Through The Lies and about halfway through it. Fantastic book! Vonda is in an online writer's group that I'm lucky enough to be a member of, and I'm loving it so much I actually went a little wonky on the poor woman and e-mailed her to tell her how much I'm loving it. Bless her, she was beautifully gracious and grateful for my e-mail. Michael has been amused that I frequently laugh out loud while reading this book. Vonda's book makes you wonder if you're reading or having a conversation with girlfriends in your living room. It's very conversational and funny, but don't let that fool you. Seeing Through the Lies breaks through the fluff and delivers poignant, deep, spiritual points that women need to hear. Vonda's gift is that she makes you feel good about hearing these deep truths, not shamefully convicted. If you wonder how your spiritual health is faring or your relationship with God or the church, as Vonda would say, "You need to read this book, girlfriend!"

http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=3stai-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=0806640278&fc1=77756B&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=A6B49F&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFF6&f=ifr
Spirited Women
Next up, I'll be reading Spirited Women, about the women of the early church. I'm looking forward to delving into the lives of these women that worked so tirelessly for God, not from a sense of duty or I-have-to-itis, but from an overflowing love of the Savior that had set their hearts free. Maybe I'll catch of glimpse of their passion. I'm hoping, anyway.

Media_http3stairscomr_ulbic


18 Oct 2008
12 Noon GMT
So what are you reading for Fall Into Reading 2008? If you haven't started yet, don't worry. You still have plenty of time, and if life really conspires against you, you can just work on your list for this year's 24-hour Read-a-Thon on 18 October. It's exactly what it sounds like: 24 hours of unadulterated reading bliss. It starts at 12 noon GMT (find your equivalent time here) and all you do is read.

And then read some more.

And then read a little more.

And then read a lot more.



And then your brain will be in bibliophile heaven. You're welcome!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...