Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Crochet Half-Double Crochet (HDC) Circle

I swap a lot on Swap-bot and have been enjoying monthly dishcloth swaps. I recently sent a partner the circular cloth you see. In her rating, she asked if I could share the pattern with her, so I wrote it down. I thought others might be interested to see how I make a circle, so I decided to share it here. Feel free to ask any questions if I haven't been clear.

Note: This pattern is shared freely for personal use only. Thank you for respecting my wishes.

Crystal's HDC Flat Circle Cloth
Round 1: Using magic circle, chain 2 (counts as first hdc), 5 hdc in ring - 6 stitches; do not join - piece is worked in a spiral 

Round 2: 2 hdc in each hdc around - 12 stictches 

Round 3: (2 hdc in next hdc, hdc in next hdc) around 

Round 4: (2 hdc in next hdc, hdc in next 2 hdc) around 

Round 5: (2 hdc in next hdc, hdc in next 3 hdc) around 

Round 6: (2 hdc in next hdc, hdc in next 4 hdc) around 

Round 7: (2 hdc in next hdc, hdc in next 5 hdc) around 

Continue increasing rounds until desired size is reached 

To taper and end: stop at final increase of round; sc in half of remaining hdc of round; sl st in remaining hdc in round; finish off

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...