Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's Been One of Those Days...

Okay, so it's been one of those weeks.? Sarah's been arguing with everything I say for the last week and a half.? She thinks she's the mother; she pouts every time she doesn't get her way; she aggravates the snot out of me...

...and I want to teach other people's kids?? Is it really true that we have more patience with other people's kids than with our own?? If so, then what about that thing where teachers call their students "my kids?"? I'm not sure I'd want to love other people's kids like I love my own.? Rather, I'd like to love my own kids like I love other people's.? Why is that?? And doesn't that say something quite unsettling about me (or at least my relationship with my kids)?

Or maybe they're just little demon children from the pits of hell...

Nah - they're actually really good kids - better than a lot I've seen.? I just wish I could have some kind of automated signal that would go off in my head to remind me of that when I want to hang them up by their toenails.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...